Friday, September 28, 2007

Christians and emotions-Part 1

I am a God fearing Christian, on fire for God and just loving every minute of my walk with God. One thing though, i have got to learn is patience and to stop rolling my eyes in exasperation at people. I have always been an expressive person and most people can hear what I think without me uttering a word...i just can't keep a poker face.

I’ll tell you what happened. I had this meeting in church to discuss certain initiatives we wanted to implement in our volunteer group. The week before, i had just been elected leader and even though i was reluctant to do it, i just believed it was a calling from God so i should not run away from it. Now there is this guy in the group who nominated me for this position (let's call him ITK). At every meeting ITK takes over the proceedings, never let's anyone get a word in or interrupts people in the middle of their sentences. He always has a solution for every problem we have, splits the house in 2 during the meeting and just generally drives me batty. I have had cause on multiple occasions to stop him in his track once he starts but he just does not get it. I really feel bad that i feel this way about it since we are all Christians and are united for a common goal within the church but i can't help the way i feel. Most time Christians just want to hide their emotions but it just lurks beneath the surface unresolved and I don’t want to be like that.

Do i address this issue privately with him or do i just pray for Patience from God to tolerate his excesses? Readers, what do you think?

No comments: