Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mrs.Omokorede The Pushy Mum -Typical Naija mum

This cracks me up every time. I was speaking to my cousin yesterday and she is going through the same thing.Her folks want her to study pharmacy because she has an aunt in the states who did and is very wealthy whereas she wants to study computer engineering.The poor girl is distraught at the thought of doing a course she has no interest in.Why can't parents see the bigger picture and realise that there might be a calling on the child to study a particular course or tow a certain line? You can't teach a child to fly and tell them not to fly past your gate..how? I know their wisdom must count for something but there has to be middle ground. I have been trying for years to get a painting into Tate gallery without success(yea right...and my mum is from Morocco.i can't draw to save my life) and Funmi does effortlessly and all her mum can say is she wants to go teach her how get over her fear of blood. My kids can be anything they want to be as long as they still buy me the Bentley and a pad like the one below.

3 comments:

Esquire said...

Xena,

Now that you have started blogging, keep in up, otherwise I may look for you. I have saved your blog under my favorites.

You have some interesting articles, especially the one about being single in naija...I had a friend that left Nigeria to go back to the US because of the harrassment!!

Anyway, stay well.

Cheers

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

welcome to blogworld

Glamazon said...

Thanks esquire.Trust me..i have toyed with the idea of going back.It's just so annoying.